Last updated: 20 March 2019
This document serves to inform you of OrderIn's policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal
information we receive from users of our website (orderin.co.za) and mobile
app. By using our platform, you
agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What information OrderIn collects
- When you sign up for or update your account, OrderIn collects the information that you voluntarily submit.
includes your name, email address, phone number, login name and password, all stored addresses, ID number,
of birth, photo and signature. This also includes preferences and settings that you enable for your account.
This also includes driving licence or passport if required by law, date of birth, photo, signature, driver
vehicle or insurance information (drivers only).
- We also collect your financial information, which is required for most purchases (credit card numbers,
expiration dates, billing address, etc.)
- We may collect information that you submit when you contact customer support or provide feedback.
- Location information
- Depending on the OrderIn services you use and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your
information through GPS, IP address and Wi-Fi.
- Using the OrderIn app without enabling location services will restrict app functionality.
- Transactional information
- We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services used,
details, delivery information, amount charged, and payment method.
- We also collect details relating to your corporate account, including the amount of money allocated to you
- Usage information
- We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access
times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party
or services you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information
cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. We use this
improve your online experience, and you may choose to disable cookies on your browser.
- Device information
- We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models,
IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique
identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network
- Communication data
- OrderIn users can communicate with each other via the app, for example drivers and recipients. OrderIn
date and time of the communication and the content. OrderIn may use this information for customer support
for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Information from other sources. This may include:
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programmes.
- Users requesting services for you or on your behalf.
- Business partners through which you create or access your account, such as payment providers, social media
or other on-demand services
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner).
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
How OrderIn uses your data
- Providing services and features
- OrderIn uses the information we collect to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and
services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable deliveries and other services.
- Process or facilitate payments.
- Track the progress of your delivery.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people.
- Enable features to personalise your OrderIn account.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including troubleshooting software,
analysis and testing and researching.
- Safety and security
- We use your data to help maintain the security of our services. This includes:
- Screening drivers and delivery partners.
- Preventing, detecting and combating unsafe activities.
- Customer support
- OrderIn uses the information we collect to assist you when you contact customer support, including to:
- Investigate and address your concerns.
- Monitor and improve our response.
- Communications from OrderIn
- OrderIn may use information to communicate marketing materials with you.
- OrderIn may also use the information to promote and process competitions and serve you relevant adverts and
about our services.
Cookies are text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media and
- Authenticating users.
- Remembering user preferences and settings.
- Determining the popularity of content.
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Analysing the online behaviour and interests of people who interact with our services. We may also allow
provide audience measurement and analytics services for us, to serve advertisements on our behalf across the
internet, and to track and report on the performance of those advertisements. These entities may use
beacons, SDKs and other technologies to identify your device when you visit our site and use our services,
as when you visit other online sites and services.
What information OrderIn discloses
OrderIn may share the information we collect with:
- Other users
- For example, if you are a receiver of deliveries, we may share your first name and location with drivers.
- OrderIn subsidiaries and affiliates
- We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help provide our services or conduct data
- OrderIn service providers and business partners
- OrderIn may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other
providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background check providers (drivers and delivery partners only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners.
- Vendors that assist OrderIn to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Insurance and financing partners.
- Restaurant partners.
- Vehicle solution vendors or third-party vehicle suppliers.
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
- OrderIn may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating
legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or
- With your consent
- OrderIn may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent
Retention and deletion policy
- OrderIn requires user profile information in order to provide our services. We retain such information for as
long as you maintain your OrderIn account.
- Once information is no longer necessary to provide OrderIn services, enable customer support, to enhance the
experience or for other operational purposes, OrderIn takes steps to prevent access to or use of such
for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud
prevention and detection.
- You may request deletion of your account at any time through our customer support channels.
- OrderIn may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud
prevention and enhancing users' safety and security.
- Marketing material opt-out
- You can also opt-out of receiving emails and other messages from OrderIn by following the instructions in
messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as order
Should we make any changes to this policy, you will be notified through one of OrderIn's communication channels.
Using OrderIn after the changes to this policy indicates your agreement to the policy.